We bring an eye for pruning that’s been honed over many years
Tree Trimming Services in Boston MA.
The practice of tree trimming consists of making strategic cuts to certain limbs and branches with the aim of improving a tree’s health, appearance and/or performance. Trimming the correct amount off of a tree is absolutely essential to success. Much of a tree’s energy reserves are stored in its foliage. Thinning too much could be a significant impediment to the tree’s health and growth. That’s why it’s always recommended to hire a professional tree trimming company. We bring an eye for pruning that’s been honed over many years to determine where and how much to cut.
Reasons to Consider Tree Trimming
- Reduces hazards to people or property
- Enhances beauty
- Supports strong structure
- Prevents damage prior to a storm
- Reduces wind resistance
- Provides clearance for structures
- Increases light and air penetration to crown’s interior
Get a FREE Quote Fast!
We want to know all about your tree care needs. Fill out this short form and we’ll get back to you in less than 10 minutes.*
* Responses outside of regular business hours may take longer.
Our Tree Pruning Techniques
- Thinning Thinning a tree’s canopy allows more light to penetrate it’s interior. The effect is a strengthening of the tree’s interior structure and an increase in trunk diameter. It also helps prevent disease and infection by increasing airflow.
- Structural Pruning Often a tree will seek out sunlight by growing laterally in excess. They may grow multiple trunks, excessively large or long lateral branches and often have too many branches originating from one point. The goal of structural pruning is to give the tree a single, dominant trunk with evenly spaced branches. This ensures a healthier and longer life.
- Canopy Reduction If your tree has outgrown its alloted space, it might be time for a canopy reduction. This technique consists of trimming the outer edges of the canopy to reduce its size.
- Lifting Ever hit your head on a branch while walking down the sidewalk? It’s no fun. Lifting let’s us increase the clearance at the bottom of trees.
- Crown Cleaning Crown cleaning is the practice of removing dead, dying, broken defective and diseased limbs from the tree.
Tree Trimming Techniques to Avoid
- Over thinning
- Flush cuts
- Over lifting